DEW Construction Corporation has immediate openings for reliable and self-motivated Carpenters to work in Chittenden County and Franklin County, Vermont. Construction experience is a must and an exceptional safety record required.
General Description: The Carpenter is primarily responsible for building structures to the buleprints and job specifications as well as numerous tasks assigned by the Project Superintendent.
- Optimized profits
- Accident and injury-free job sites
- Quality workmanship
- On-going positive attitude
- Compliance with state and federal agencies
- Consistent production output
Essential Functions Include:
- Construct, erect, install, and repair structures and fixtures using carpenter’s hand tools and power tools.
- Study blueprints, sketches, or building plans for information required to complete task.
- Inventory and Takeoff of material as required by Project Superintendent.
- Establish reference points including layout of building lines.
- Shape materials to prescribed measurements, using various power tools.
- Verify trueness of structure and installations with plumb bob and carpenter’s level.
- Framing using both wood and metal materials.
- Unload and inventory materials from deliveries.
- Fit and install prefabricated window frames, doors, doorframes, weather stripping, interior, and exterior trim, and finish hardware.
The above outline of duties is not arranged in order of priority. These duties are not meant to restrict initiative, but rather to describe minimum activities. These duties will from time to time be altered by the Job Superintendent to suit the needs of the company.
DEW offers an excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, 401(k) with a company contribution, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid holidays and vacation.
We believe in hiring the best people who are committed to working with a company that is dedicated to providing the finest construction in the marketplace. If you would like to become part of Northern New England’s most dynamic construction company, please e-mail a cover letter, including salary requirement, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.