DEW Construction has immediate openings for reliable, experienced and self-motivated Carpenters' Helpers to work in Chittenden County and Franklin County, Vermont.
General Description: The Carpenter Helper is primarily responsible for assisting the Carpenter to build structures according to the blueprints and building specifications, along with numerous tasks assigned by the Project Superintendent.
- Optimized profits
- Accident and injury-free job sites
- Quality workmanship
- On-going positive attitude
- Compliance with state and federal agencies
- Consistent production output
- Advancement to Carpenter
Essential Functions Include:
- Assist carpenters constructing, erecting, installing and repairing structures using carpenter’s hand tools and power tools.
- Keep job sites clean and machines serviced.
- Material inventory and takeoff as directed by Carpenter.
- Build scaffolding, shoring, and braces.
- Use plumb bobs, levels, sighting rods, and other equipment, to aid in establishing reference points and lines.
- Assist in the layout of building lines.
- Set hollow metal doors and frames including installation of hardware.
- Install finish work including trim and cabinets.
- Unload and inventory materials from deliveries.
- Lift, carry and hold building materials, tools, and supplies.
- Smooth and sand surfaces using power sanders.
The above outline of duties is not arranged in order of priority. These duties are not meant to restrict initiative, but rather to describe minimum activities. These duties will from time to time be altered by the Job Superintendent to suit the needs of the company.
DEW offers an excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance, 401(k) with a company contribution, life insurance, short and long term disability, paid holidays and vacation.
We believe in hiring the best people who are committed to working with a company that is dedicated to providing the finest construction in the marketplace. If you would like to become part of Northern New England’s most dynamic construction company, please e-mail a cover letter, including salary requirement, and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.